Baylor University students interested in applying to the McNair Scholars Program must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate interest in obtaining a Ph.D. degree.
- Qualify as either:
- a first-generation, low-income college student as defined by the U.S. Department of Education and/or
- be a member of a group that is underrepresented (Black/African American, Chicano/Latino, Native American/ Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander students) in graduate education.
- Have a minimum of 30 hours of course work.
- The program is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors (as long as seniors are graduating in August or December and are available to participate in summer research)
- Transfer students are also eligible to apply
- Have a 3.0 minimum cumulative Baylor GPA by the end of the semester when applying.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent U.S. resident.
- Be enrolled at Baylor during the semester when applying.
- Be available to do full-time research during the summer term.
- The program is open to all majors/disciplines.